Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Beginnings or New Endings?

Today I found a new blog, "At His Feet" which I have added to my links. The latest post on this blog began with a quote which gave me pause for reflection. Let me share it with you...

"Nobody can go back and start a new bdginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -M. Robinson

In my journal of thoughts I found this by George Elliot:  "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Yesterday I was quite discouraged about my life, feeling very much like I have let my "spiritual self" down. These two thoughts should carry me through another day;  If I could just remember the tune I might sing this hymn today:  "Lean on my ample arm, O thou depressed!
                     And I will bid the storm cease in thy breast.
                     What e'er thy lot may be
                     On life's complaining sea,
                     If thou wilt come to me,
                     Thou shalt have rest."                  

      Hymn #120  written by Theodore E. Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment